Our team of health professionals is with you every step of the way with knowledge, guidance and support.
90 minute consultation
All members have access to an extended 90 minute consultation with one of our medical doctors. This comprehensive consultation includes a discussion of your medical history, social support, emotional well-being and any questions, concerns, stresses and/or decision-making that you may have.
The role of the InspireHealth physicians is to provide guidance on supportive approaches to enhance quality of life, health and well-being at diagnosis, while going through cancer and its treatments or any time thereafter. We will consult with your family doctor and your oncologist at your request.
Use this time to learn how you can take charge of your recovery with a personalized action plan.
30 minute follow up consultations
Fundamental to our program is the provision of follow up visits to ensure you are supported during and after cancer treatments. You are welcome to bring family members or other support people with you to all consultations.
InspireHealth Physician Visits are opportunities to explore:
- Support for understanding diagnosis, treatment, test results, and medical terminology
- Role of oncologist and oncology team
- Decision-making support
- Serious illness conversations i.e. understanding patients’ care goals
- Managing treatment side effects
- Lifestyle changes (e.g. nutrition, exercise, sleep, smoking, alcohol, caffeine, etc.)
- Death and dying
- Advance care planning; MAiD
- Emotional health, stress reduction practices, and coping strategies
- Managing work, life, and relationships
- Sexual health and body image
- Cancer-related fatigue (CRF)
- Current evidence regarding supplements, medicinal cannabis, and complementary & alternative treatments (CAM)
- Reputable websites and resources
- Community resources and referrals