COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Precautionary Measures and Update
The health and safety of our patients, volunteers and staff is a top priority for us at InspireHealth. In light of the recent developments regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to provide you with information regarding the measures we are taking.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has assessed that the public health risk associated with COVID-19 is low, however, this could change. We are taking the following precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our patients at our centres in Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna.
Programs and Services:
- We are proceeding with one-on-one consultations with our clinical team, held over the phone or via secure video conferencing.
- As of Friday, March 13th, all in-person group classes and programming will be offered through an online platform. Any patients that are registered for a group program will be contacted by one of our centres.
- All outreach and community 1-day programming will be cancelled until further notice.
- As of Friday, March 13th, our Fireside Information Sessions will continue as scheduled but will take place online. Please register with your local centre.
- Please contact our centres directly for programming updates.
- Vancouver: (604) 734-7125
- Victoria: (250) 595-7125
- Kelowna: (250) 861-7125
Due to our vulnerable patient population, please cancel your in-person appointment and schedule a telephone or video-conference if:
- You have travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days.
- You have been in close contact (i.e. living with, sharing a meal with, etc) with anyone who has travelled outside of the country in the last 14 days whether they are exhibiting symptoms or not.
- You or someone you have been in close contact with have shown any symptoms of a cold, flu, cough, or fever.
At our centres:
- Hand sanitization stations are set up at reception.
- Door knobs, credit card machines and common area surfaces are being wiped down twice daily with disinfectant.
- For safety reasons we are not providing water or tea stations.
Basic protective measures you can take:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds, dry thoroughly and use a paper towel when touching faucets or door knobs.
- Maintain at least 3 – 6 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to avoid the transfer of the virus from your hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze and then wash your hands afterwards.
- Stay home if you begin to feel unwell.
- If you have fever, cough or difficulty breathing please immediately call 811 for medical advice and call ahead to let your healthcare provider know so that care may be provided for you in a way that is safe for other patients.
Loveena Chera Dr. Janice Wright
Chief Executive Officer Chief Medical Officer