This soup is quite easy to prepare, easy to digest and verrry nourishing. It is wonderful for warming your cold and weary bones on blustery autumn days.
Many of the fresh and vital ingredients in this recipe (organic ginger, onion, carrots, parsley) contain nutrients that will provide your body with building blocks to help strengthen immunity, detoxify the liver and stave off nutrient deficiency as well as other conditions that can promote cancer growth. Food is medicine, so treat it accordingly and source the best quality that you can within your budget. Don’t be led to believe that it is necessarily expensive to eat well. In fact, it can be very affordable to eat healthfully if you, for example, avoid packaged foods, skip the exotic foods, and buy dried goods in bulk.
Ingredients: One quart of organic low sodium vegetable or chicken stock (ideally homemade) One large organic/local onion
- 1 lb (approx. 8 med.) organic/local carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large chunk of fresh ginger pressed through a garlic press (a piece of about 2 inches in length, or larger if you want more flavour intensity)
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley (easy to grow on your own)
- Unrefined sea salt to taste
- 1 cup (approx.) peeled and cubed organic/local apples
- Sautee the onion in butter and olive oil, in a saucepan, until transparent.
- Add in the ginger and chopped carrots, cover until carrots are soft.
- Meanwhile, simmer chicken or vegetable stock in large pot, covered.
- Once the carrots are softened, add all saucepan ingredients into food processor and puree.
- Add to stock, salt to taste, and simmer for ½ hour to meld flavours.
- Add apple cubes approx. 15 minutes before serving to soften them.
- Serve with a sprinkling of fresh chopped parsley.
This soup is even better the next day when all the flavours have enmeshed… Enjoy!
You can start improving your health with the very next meal you eat. Remember to eat it slowly, bask in its health-giving properties and be in a mindset of gratitude.
Stay tuned for more of this fun, simple and cutting-edge nutritional information for you in upcoming issues.
May you be well-nourished, Lisa Marie
Contact me for a personal nutrition consultation @ 604.714.4065 or firstname.lastname@example.org
My upcoming holistic booklet/cookbook is currently ‘in the works’. If you know anyone who may be interested in helping fund a cookbook with a focus on ‘healing with food as medicine’, please contact me at the email or phone number below.
Check out my nutrition blog for more healthy recipes and articles on eating healthfully.
Drop by Inspire for my FREE Nutrition Circle (IH members only) every other Thursday from 2:30-3:30pm (Next date: Thursday Oct. 28 at 2:30pm).
If you haven’t already attended, I invite you to come and be a part of our two day LIFE Program to learn the fundamentals of healthy nutrition and supplementation (pre/current/post or no conventional treatment) from yours truly, accompanied by InspireHealth doctor (and organic farmer) Ron Puhky MD. Note that we now have openings for those who have already attended the LIFE Program in the past and would like an up-to-date ‘refresher’. Call us for details.